This week started my much needed break from school. It always seems as if Turkey Day break comes three weeks too late. By this time in the semester all of us are exasperated and our brains are fried to a crisp. It has been so nice to be able to kick back and relax somewhat!
Being that it’s so close to Thanksgiving, I’m going to do a list of things that I’m thankful for, and most of you can probably relate.
1. I’m thankful that I was born in a country where I am free to practice my faith.
2. I’m thankful for growing up in the Midwest. (Mainly Iowa)
3. I’m thankful for the most inexpensive and safe food source in the world.
4. I’m thankful for the farmers who contribute to that food source.
5. I’m thankful for clean water.
6. I’m thankful for my farmer, and all of the other farmers out there who will be doing their chores on Thanksgiving day so that we get to have that mouth watering ham or turkey on Thanksgiving Day every year.
7. I’m thankful for my education.
8. I’m thankful for my family and friends.
9. I’m thankful for the talents God has given me.
10. I am most thankful for the blessed, crazy, fun, and busy life God has given me.
It’s so easy to forget why we get together with our loved ones and stuff ourselves until misery. Remember to not only give thanks on this special holiday, but to give thanks every day. We have so much to be thankful for living in the country that we do and living the lives we do. Remember to thank our farmers who skip out on some family time so that they can care for their livestock in order to feed us every day.
Are you thankful for some of the same things? How do you celebrate the holidays?
Love to all- Nicole